Welcome To My Website!
My name is Peter Alizio (Attorney Biography)
Help with Unfiled Tax Returns
Are you not current with your income tax return filing obligations?
There is a statute of limitations on obtaining income tax refunds. If you are due a tax refund you must file a tax return to claim refund within 3 years of the filing deadline or alternatively two years from the date the tax was paid. Do not lose your tax return refund.
If there is a balance due on your delinquent but soon to be filed tax returns be prepared to be hit with interest and penalties. Therefore, the sooner you file your delinquent tax returns the better. Additionally, the statute of limitation stopping the IRS from auditing a tax period does not begin to run until a tax return is filed.
If you “forget” to file your income tax return the IRS and NYSDTF may file a tax return for you based on information reported by 3rd parties. This information reported to the IRS may be used to generate a Substitute For Return (SFR) for taxpayers who have not filed a tax return. You do not want the IRS preparing your tax return! The IRS will only generate a Substitute Tax Return if doing so will create a tax bill. Additionally, the balance due on this SFR may be overstated because the IRS will not be taking advantage of all the credits and deductions available.
We offer a complimentary consultation while other firms charge a $500 initial consultation fee. Coming in for a consultation is a no brainer! Call (212) 520-2906 to schedule an appointment.
Long Island Tax Lawyer
• New York State & U.S. Tax Court
• Boston University: B.S. in Business Administration
• Boston University: Certificate in Advanced Accountancy
• C.W. Post, LI University: M.S. in Taxation
• St. John’s University School of Law: Juris Doctor
• New York Certified Public Accountant
• The Nassau County Bar Association (NCBA)
• The American Academy of Attorney-CPAs
• The New York State Society of CPAs (NYSSCPA)
• NYSSCPA: Taxation of Individuals Committee
• NYSSCPA: Partnership Tax Committee
• NCBA: Attorney/Accountant Committee
• NCBA: Tax Law Committee
Tax Help on Long Island
Tax Attorney Help
IRS Tax Matters
U.S. Tax Court
IRS Penalty Abatement
IRS Offer in Compromise
IRS Passport Revocation
NYS Tax Matters
New York Tax Warrant
Responsible Person Assessment
Conciliation Conference (BCMS Hearing)
NYS Voluntary Disclosure Program
NYS Driver License Suspension for Unpaid Taxes